Are you living and working in Germany?
Would you like to learn or improve your Spanish in 2023?
Do you like traveling to new countries, meeting new people, and learning about other cultures?
If you answer yes to these questions, then this article is for you!
The Bildungsurlaub program in Germany allows employees to take paid leave to pursue educational and personal development opportunities.
You can take up to two weeks of paid leave each year to study full-time at an approved institute like ours!
This fantastic program promotes lifelong learning and allows you to expand your skills and knowledge.
What is a Bildungsurlaub?
Bildungsurlaub, also known as “educational leave,” is a paid leave program in Germany that allows employees to take time off work to pursue educational and personal development opportunities (i.e., language courses)
This program promotes lifelong learning and enables individuals to expand their skills and knowledge.
The requirements for Bildungsurlaub vary by state in Germany, but generally, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Employees must have been employed with their current employer for at least six months.
- Employees must submit applications to their employer at least six weeks before starting the course or program.
- The language course must be recognized in the federal state where you work.
It’s important to note that the requirements and regulations for Bildungsurlaub can vary by state in Germany, so it is recommended that employees check with their state agency for specific details and conditions. You can find information on the Bildungsurlaub website.
Why should you take advantage of Bildungsurlaub?
Bildungsurlaub offers several advantages for employees in Germany:
- It allows you to take time off from work to pursue educational and personal development opportunities, which can lead to career advancement and increased job satisfaction.
- It promotes lifelong learning and helps you stay current in your field or explore new areas of interest.
- It can also improve your language skills and benefit your personal and professional development.
- It is a paid leave program, meaning you can take advantage of educational opportunities without worrying about the financial impact.
- It can also be an excellent opportunity for professional development. The program lets you step back from your day-to-day work and focus on learning new skills and knowledge.
And we have good news…
Learn more than Spanish is Bildungsurlaub accredited!
At Learn more than Spanish, we are proud to be Bildungsurlaub accredited by the German states of Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Hessen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Saarland, Sachsen-Anhalt, and Schleswig-Holstein.
Our goal at Learn More Than Spanish is to help all students achieve their goals, regardless of their Spanish proficiency, availability, or needs.
As a Bildungsurlaub accredited institute, Learn More Than Spanish offers classes specially designed for you, where you can learn the language and get to know Colombian culture. We offer intensive 30-hour courses for students from the aforementioned German states.
Why should German employees take advantage of Bildungsurlaub, and why is a language trip an excellent life investment?
A language trip is a perfect opportunity to learn a new skill, visit a new country and learn about a great Latin American culture.
Learning a new language is a valuable investment in personal and professional development, and a language trip is an excellent way to immerse oneself in the language and culture.
- It will help your professional growth and boost your CV by adding a new language to your skills.
- It will help you connect with more people around the world. Spanish is the official language of 20 countries, spoken by more than 500 million people.
- It is an excellent way to reduce stress…(we all need time off from work from time to time).
- You could mix learning with leisure time.
- You will learn faster, guarantee! In Colombia, most people do not speak English or other languages. This means you will have to push yourself to talk in Spanish daily, and consequentially you will learn faster!
A language trip and taking advantage of Bildungsurlaub is an excellent life investment that can positively impact personal and professional development.
It can provide an immersive learning experience that can help you improve your language skills and fluency and open up new career opportunities.
Additionally, it can be a valuable life experience that can enrich personal growth and expose you to new cultures and perspectives.
If you want to take your Spanish to the next level, drop us a line, and we will send you all information!
You can also visit our website and social media channels to see what it is like learning Spanish with us!
Also, remember to read our monthly blog to learn more about the Spanish language and Colombian culture!
See you soon!